In today’s mobile landscape, where unfocused pedestrians regularly walk into walls and a majority of Americans prize their beloved gadgets above sex, smartphones have come to serve for many as dangerous agents of distraction. But when optimally harnessed, they can serve as powerful productivity tools.
From to-do lists to file storage, here’s a look at 6 of the best apps to help entrepreneurs systematize the unwieldy process of building a business.
TO DO LIST APPLICATIONS
Considered the world’s most powerful collaborative to-do list and task manager.
• Extensive task listing options for ultimate flexible
• Available on iOS, Android and web
• Stylish layout
• Additional subscription required for multi-platform use and cloud storage
• No integration with iOS reminders
• Too many bells and whistles for some
An efficient to-do list tool for those who want to keep projects organised.
• Free version available
• Clean layout
• Useful plugins for web browsers
• The option to add detail, pics, and comments. It is reserved for paid users
• Minimal encrypting on free accounts
• Won’t revolutionise your daily habits
A sophisticated task manager with time, date and geo location reminders.
• Set an ANY.DO comment, a daily alert to check your tasks
• Task viewable by category or due date
• Auto complete makes listing task quick and easy
• No calendar view
• Task swipe-off an unconventional right to left motion (good for Tinder users)
FILE STORAGE APPLICATIONS
A multi-platform file-synchronization and sharing tools.
• Simple to create folder and share with others
• Excellent range of Dropbox apps
• Allows access to earlier file versions
• Can’t collaborate on files
• File location can be confusing
An enterprise – focused desktop file sync app for Windows and Mac.
• Integrated with many other services
• 5GB free storage
• Business and enterprise focused
• So many integration options it can be confusing
• A clunky interface
An online storage locker for files and folders.
• Generous free storage allowance
• Compatible with Google Docs
• Open with files from 30 software type
• Requires a full Google Account
• No media Streaming
• Questionable term of services